RENT vs. BUY
Purchasing real estate while your child is at the University of Colorado-Boulder makes good financial sense. Conservatively, you can save tens of thousands of dollars over 3-4 years by purchasing a simple 2-bedroom condo close to campus. Larger bedroom units yield move savings. The trick in this market is to buy in a great location and at a good price.
- Save Money vs. Renting
- Safe Investment-Build Equity
- Low Transaction Costs to Purchase (<$3,000) or Sell (5-6%)
- Lower Property Taxes Than in Most States
- Very Low Interest Rates
- Easy to Sell-I typically have buyers waiting to purchase near CU
- Boulder Property is Appreciating!
- Receive Income From Roommates
- Built-In Demand for Resale (if buy in correct location)
- Better Quality Living Environment
- Stability-Student Does Not Have to Relocate Each Year
- You Are In Control of Living Environment (not a Landlord or Property Mgmt. Company)
- Student Learns About Home Ownership
- Student May Remain In Boulder After Graduation
- Student May Have a Sibling Attending CU
- Very Easy To Rent If Want To Continue to Own as an Investment Property
It's really not that hard to do. Increase your chances of making a good choice. Hire a 25 year expert in the student housing market.
Please Contact Me For More Information:
Steven Carter, MBA, ABR, CRS, GRI
25 Year of Expert Service
RE/MAX of Boulder, Inc